July 20, 2018 - 10:00 am
Free Songwriting and Music Production Course
Learn songwriting. Record your own song. Get creative!
FREE and for ages 14-25. Beginners to advanced levels welcome.
About the course: Learn to write, record and share your own original songs! In this 2 day course, you will develop skills in song writing, performance, digital recording, and mic technique. Discover the freedom to simply and inexpensively self-produce your own recorded songs. Have fun, collaborate, express yourself, learn new skills and leave with your own original song recorded in a professional recording studio
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/216945925694744/
Register here: http://www.humansoundproject.com/course/
or on the AYC website
What you will gain from the 2 day course:
• Discover that you are a song writer and boost your confidence as a performer
• Digital production – Learn to record and mix your own songs using a computer or smartphone
• An uplifting social experience, have fun and get to know yourself and others around you through music
• Learn new music skills: lyric writing techniques + foundations of singing, beat boxing, freestyle rapping
• Increase your happiness 🙂 singing and making music together is proven to reduce stress and increase joy!
• Unlock your creativity
About your tutor and teaching artist Simon Jankelson:
You’ll create original songs with Simon, from the Human Sound Project: Award Winning Musician and Creative, Leader and Social Entrepreneur. Simon has inspired and taught thousands of young people around the world to find their voices, share stories, and create great songs together. He has spoken on Channel 10, appeared at TEDx events, VIVID Sydney and was named on 40 UNDER 40’s list of future leaders of the Asia’s design industry. He is also an award winning musician having written albums produced by Bob Clearmountain (Rolling Stones, Radiohead) in Los Angeles and released by Universal records.